Dr. Kevin Manzella
Dr. Manzella was born in Fredonia, NY. He graduated with a degree in Biology from SUNY Geneseo. He then spent four years at the SUNY at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine where he graduated Summa Cum Laude with his DDS. Dr. M. stayed at UB to complete his specialty training in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics and was awarded the William W. Feagans Clinical Postgraduate Scholarship. The extra three years of specialty training allow Dr. Manzella to call himself an orthodontist (Fun Fact: only 6% of dentists are orthodontists). Throughout his career, Dr. M. has published numerous articles in prominent dental and orthodontic journals. See the list of publications below!
- Dr. Kevin Manzella Treatment of an Asymmetric Class III Malocclusion Using the Dynaflex CS2000 Appliance | IJO Volume 30 No. 1 Spring 2019
- Dr. Kevin Manzella A controlled clinical study of the effects of the Ni-Ti Memoria® Leaf Spring Activated Expander | Australasian Orthodontic Journal Volume 34 No. 2 November 2018
- Dr. Kevin Manzella Correction of Maxillary Transverse Deficiency in Growing Patients with Permanent Dentitions | JCO March 2018
- Dr. Kevin Manzella Current cell models for bioengineering a salivary gland: a mini-review of emerging technologies | Oral Diseases June 2012
Memberships & Associations
- Greater Buffalo Association of Orthodontists – Past President
- American Association of Orthodontists
- New York State Dental Association
- Eighth District Dental Society
- American Dental Association
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
Outside the Office
First of all, Dr. Manzella is a family man. He has an amazing wife, Noelle, two beautiful daughters, Penelope and Lucy, and two bossy rescue dogs, Zelda and Leif Erikson. He’s not your typical doctor. It wouldn’t be unusual for Dr. M. to show up to the office with a tear in his dress shirt because he was doing some electric work or demo-ing his kitchen. He runs marathons, makes wine, volunteers for the Paws for Love therapy dog program, plays tennis, and loves the Buffalo Bills!